My focus this week has been on refashioning and repurposing, as well as a few other smaller projects. ; I lament on the lack of internet connectivity, and then (SPOILER ALERT) in a surprise turn, the internet comes back on! You can’t make this kind of quality podcasting up.
Business Cat is my hero:
Here my daughter Bloomer is modeling 1) under-eye bags from being up at 2am for no particular reason and 2) flowers we made for her teachers. Crappy lighting courtesy of me and the lack of sunlight before school.
Here are the small treasures from my Grama’s sewing box:
Happenings around the interwebs:
- Just One Star – star quilt blocks for Quilts of Valor, sponsored by Moda and Semper Fi Fund. Blocks due May 1.
- Quilts for Quake Survivors – log cabin blocks or strips for others to make blocks.
- Quilt along with Chris on AboveAllFabric.com for the Verna picnic quilt and bag.
- Patchwork Squared is doing a Modern Solids Quilt Along. 7 weeks to complete 9 modern blocks using only solid fabrics. It started March 28.
- Indie Craft Experience in Atlanta is having their regular show June 11 & 12 at Ambient Plus Studio (deadline to submit vending app is Apr 4, and there is a fee), as well as a Wedding Day Hooray show May 21 & 22.