I’ve finished a couple small things that don’t merit their own post. The first is the pincushion for the swap the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild is doing, which is entirely hand-pieced using English Paper Piecing (tutorial here).
This is about the right size project for me to do EPP since it made me impatient. My stitches look really good, though, so I finished strong! I’m thinking I might make one for me to keep if I don’t get a similar one in the swap, as I could sew it in the car on the way to my parents’ house at Christmas.
The second small finish is a pair of potholders for the White Elephant exchange my husband’s family is doing. Since it’s an intimate gathering of 25 for most holidays with them, any adult (my husband, his brothers, SILs, and any “kids” over 18) used to get thrown in a pot and we drew names. We decided this year we’re all even poorer than usual so we’re doing the “wrap up something from your house you don’t want anymore” and we’re doing a Yankee Swap. Of course I have fabric laying around my house, so this totally counts. Some of that fabric is the leftover Hunky Patriots fabric from the pillowcase and totebag I’ve made already, and one of my SIL’s mentioned she was also a fan of the fabric, so I made these.
I used some leaders & enders for one side and two “choice cuts” from the fabric for the opposite sides. I’m really hoping the BIL that got me the see-through nightie my first official year in the family will open these up (I later traded that nightie in for a nice decanter).
I’ve got the monthly sew-in for the AMQG tonight, and I’m hoping to make the binding for Festive Flurries (currently waiting on the border fabric to get here), and my blocks to donate for Hurricane Sandy.