I’m in that weird post-holiday-what-the-heck-day-is-it space, compounded by the inability to get completely back to normal life because the children are still out of school until next Monday. So here’s hoping it’s actually Wednesday.
Morelli is already a fan of this quilt (which is minky backed) despite it not being quilted yet. Truth be told he sat on everything I tried to take pictures of for this post. The good thing about using a jelly roll for this pattern is that there are leftover strips you can use for a scrappy binding (seen wrapped around my cardboard to the left there).
Unrelated, if I were to rename Morelli, I would change his name to Vanna. He’s quite the model, and I can’t lay a project out without feeling like he’s excited someone bought a vowel.
I also got all the blocks pieced for Easy Street, finishing around 10:30pm last night. Here are the blocks and setting triangles laid out nicely for the cats to run over as they frolic:I think my in-laws will really love this quilt. I’ve got an idea for the border laid out, but I could technically add another row and column of blocks to increase the size of the center. Somehow I feel like that might crush my spirit. So the current plan is to border this bad boy up: 1) 1 1/2″ skinny border, 2) 6″ flying geese border, 3) 1 1/2″ skinny border, 4) 3″ solid border, 5) 1 1/2″ skinny border. However, that also feels overwhelming. In the spirit of Scarlett O’Hara, I’ll think about that tomorrow (I’ve been listening to Gone with the Wind again, and it’s infusing my thoughts in ways I had forgotten it had when I first read it as a teenager).
And in the process of piecing all those Easy Street blocks, I’ve been getting my two-patches of lime and white put together. I’m up to 311 done, out of 320 needed. After I finish the last nine, I’ll start sewing them into 4 patches.