I am finishing up the Baby Shower in a Box for my sister this weekend, but alas! will not be shipping it to her until the week after next so I can show off the booty to my guildies next Sunday. I think I’ll do the blog post on it this coming week since all the bits will be done today once I put finishing touches on the Big Sister gift for my current niece (don’t want to call her the “old” niece- blarg).
All the non-baby shower sewing was charity related so I am really kicking butt there. finished up 2 more Bricks tops this week, and cut a bunch of leftover strips from the same fabric I used in the tops to making binding for the group to use. I ended up making around 1,200 inches of binding, which is enough for all five Bricks quilts.
I also spent a couple days this week cutting my scrap basket contents into my usable sizes. That doesn’t count in stash usage, but it does make me feel better to clean out that basket!
- Used this Week: 10.75 yards
- 4 yd for 2 more Bricks tops
- 1.5 yd for 2 more nap mats
- 1 yd for fleece bed covers (filled up two pet beds with scraps!)
- 1 yd for case for the AMQG raffle quilt
- 2 yd for binding for Bricks quilts
- 0.5 yd for new niece’s decoration
- 0.75 for Big Sister gift for niece
- Used year to Date: 64.5 yards
- Added this Week: 0 yards
- Net Used for 2012: 13.5 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 42.75 yards (66% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!