I call this the pile of fabric I landed on when I fell off the fabric diet wagon. Oh well – my friend Andi was having a really good sale on precuts so I had to indulge in 3 charm packs and a FQ bundle of the Beach Ball colorway of the dots line. In my defense, it’s my attempt to continue to balance out my stash with more warm colors. The greens in the upper right are specifically for Miss Jingle since I apparently had no medium greens (just hunter and lime, and not much in between).
I did make progress this week, though so I’m still in the positive on using fabric from my stash. In addition to the Monster Mash baby quilt and Namaste mini, I made another My Favorite Bag for a commission for our niece’s friend. I also finished a skirt for my daughter (no pics yet – trying to catch her in action).
Just today I finished a casserole carrier using a charm pack of Kate Spain’s Good Fortune and some solid orange and grey fabric. With that bright orange inside, it’s a little safety-vest-ish, but I love it anyway. I made it for a 9×13″ dish this using this tutorial, and instead of the Insul-Bright, I had some cotton batting and the teflon ironing board fabric (the silver stuff) that I combined instead.
Now, the reckoning!
- Used this Week: 11 yards
- 2.75 yd for Monster Baby quilt
- 0.75 yd for Bloomer’s Mario skirt
- 3.75 yd for purple Favorite bag
- 1.25 yd for storage bag for Scrappy Swoon
- 0.25 yd for Namaste mini quilt
- 2.25 yd for casserole carrier
- Used year to Date: 103.75 yards (Holla! Broke 100 yards!)
- Added this Week: 7.5 yards
- 3 yd for Beach Ball Dots FQs
- 3 yd for 3 charm packs
- 1.5 yd of green for Miss Jingle
- Net Used for 2013: 32.75 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 69.5 yards (67% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!
Here is a random picture of Jett and Morelli from this week that cracks me up. They both look so smug about piling on top of each other.