Before sharing what I sewed this week, I wanted to share what happened after I sewed last week. This what my bobbin case looked like after sewing the denim quilt. The denim itself wasn’t too bad, but the red flannel was pretty heinous, and the thread I was using (not Aurifil, which is my usual piecing thread, but a thicker cotton) took a big linty dump all over my machine.
Here’s the Lintpocalypse after. I used my LED light to really spotlight the horror. My machine felt much better afterwards, and was back to its normal quiet self.
Anywho, this also has been a WIP for the house – the fence to enclose the new Bunnywind Downs! We need to put in a gate on our wrap-around porch so Fred can’t escape that way, and then he’ll be free to explore the backyard to his heart’s content. The human kids are also excited they have a new place to “explore” this summer since we didn’t really encourage exploration of the woods behind our house before, and now there’s lots of secret tree stands and forts to build.
I’m sure you all can imagine that of the 30 pictures I’ve taken with the new camera, about 25 of them have cats in them.