Over the last two weeks, I’ve finished up two charity projects to donate. The first is made from various orphan blocks and units and pieced as leaders & enders while putting together any number of other projects recently.
You can see my regular 2″ L&E’s as the small squares, but also 3 1/2″ squares from my scrap stash, orphan flying geese, hourglass blocks, and a set of tiny 1″ HSTs from some long-finished project. The main theme of these quilt was that it be suitable for a teenage boy, so the blues and greens and browns dominate.
The finished quilt is somewhere around 56×68, I think. It’s all straight line quilted since I figured loops or meanders would be a little too girly for it!
And speaking of girly, I also put together this small-ish girly quilt from some orphaned log cabin blocks donated to the East Cobb Quilters’ Guild. There were 20 blocks total, and I couldn’t reconcile myself to having a “half row” of log cabins if I did a 4×5 block layout, so I went with 4×4 and some fan-like cornerstones. This one finishes at 42×42″.