Just a smidge of usage logged this week as I only finished a small project: a cushion for my office/sewing chair. I used this tutorial for “Junk in the Trunk” seat cushions from Sew Sweetness as a general guide for putting the extra cushy “biscuits” together for the top, and then winged the rest based on experience and gumption. And the amount of scrap foam I had on hand.
It’s not my finest upholstery work, but then again, it’s something that my butt will touch every day (as I use this chair to either work or sew every day).
I also had a class on the Quiltsmart Lone Star technique this afternoon, and managed to finish 8 out of 32 “blades” in the class. I’m doing a broken Lone Star design, so there will be a ring of blades outside this center star as well. To pick my colors, I’m channeling my inner Lisa Frank/Rainbow Bright, the outside blades will go from chartreuse to purple, as below. I toyed with the idea of the text print for the background fabric, but ultimately decided that trying to get the text to align and all face the same way might drive me batty. I’m going with a solid brown for the background instead, which made the colors pop when I held it up next to the center blades in class.
- Used this Week: 1.5 yards
- 1.5 yd for the seat cushion
- Used year to Date: 131.75 yards
- Added this Week: 0 yards
- Net Used for 2014: 74 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 42.25 yards (32% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!