Sunday(ish) Stash: Appearance of Progress

Still no finished quilts this week, but fabric left the stash for projects that are being finished by others.  We’re in the final push to finish the 29 quilts for the Wellspring Living recovery house (they help girls rescued from human trafficking), and we were three quilts short.  That means crunch time to put them together!  The guild received a grant to help with the project, so we’ve used every last penny from the funds to buy a 20 yd bolt of Kona Snow, two layer cakes, and backing fabric to meet our commitment.

Two of the three are giant disappearing four patches, and the final is a big old checkerboard pattern with Kona Snow opposite 9″ blocks in a variety of designs that came from my stash – strings, 4 patches, 9 patches, giant HSTs, etc.  So, the fabric from my stash was for those blocks, and the binding for 4 quilts (another member had parts for a top that I finished on Thursday, but it lacked binding).

A big shout out to my guildmates who joined me in the sweatshop this week to make these quilt tops! Now we need to channel our energy to propping up Lynn, who is quilting all four (well, after I get her the final top on Thursday!). Sadly, no pictures of anything because the lighting was not good, so I’ll try to get pics when they are all done and bound.

And because I felt like being a little selfish, I made two luggage tags on Saturday at retreat as well. WOOOOO!

  • Used this Week: 4.75 yards
    • 2 yd for binding for 4 quilts
    • 2.5 yd in blocks for Wellspring top
    • 0.25 yd for luggage tags
  • Used year to Date: 246.25 yards
  • Added this Week: 3.5 yards
    • 3.5 yd for bag test pattern
  • Net Used for 2014: 162.75 yards
  • YTD Used for Charity: 96 yards (39% of total used)

See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!