Oh hey, an actual quilt I’m working on! We issued a challenge in the AMQG to make something creative out of a panel. I made this top for a sample, so I can’t actually enter it in the challenge since it was technically started/made before the challenge started, but it’s turned out pretty cute. It’s supposed to be a Christmas quilt, although a different color palette than traditionally done: orange, turquoise, lime green, etc. I used a LOT of squares from my 3 1/2″ and 5″ scraps to frame everything up.
I’m quilting the charm square portions right now, and still have the borders, green, and white background portions to quilt. I’m trying to branch out from my usual stipple, but my rut is very comfortable! I’m trying to pick up the motifs from the panel prints, but my free form pear shapes are a bit too… squashy. And I need fruits, not vegetables!