This week I finished up the last 7 of my pre-kitted charity placemats, bringing my total placemats to 19. I’ve got some other leftover bits that could be put towards either placemats or blocks, but I think I might end up going the way of the donation block, which earns us 1 raffle ticket in the drawing (placemats earn us 2 or 3, I think).
I also finished one of our seekrit project quilts which I hope will be revealed in the next month. Since I attended the day meeting of the East Cobb Quilters’ Guild, I was also eligible for the door prizes there, and I happened to win a bundle of 4 FQs, so I did have a yard of intake this week.
On Saturday I had the pleasure of a class with Sue Nickels on feathers and fillers, who is delightful. Highly recommend taking a class with her; having a lot of experience in feathers and fillers already meant I was there mostly to refine (and learn more about marking) than to start from scratch, but still a great experience. Here are two of my class samples, which are marked in blue pen on muslin.
This week I’m working on quilting a recent mystery quilt for donation so I can clean off my cutting table, and hopefully finishing up my small class project from Sue. After that I’ve got another two quilts in the line-up to baste and quilt! Delightfully, things are more settled with work since the conference is over and the project is launched. Whew.
- Used this Week: 8.5 yard
- 3.5 yd for 7 placemats
- 5 yd for seekrit quilt
- Used Year to Date: 63.75 yards
- Added this Week: 1 yard
- 1 yd for 4 FQs
- Net Used YTD: 16.25 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 29.25 yards (46% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!