This week I focused on meeting two near-term deadlines. The first (and most fun) was making a baby sized version of the Belinda quilt. Instead of using a layer cake, though, as the pattern calls for, I used various hexagons cut from fat quarters and other scraps, and I even created some “made fabric” from which to cut them. I’ll be doing a more detailed write up over on The Stitch TV Show site in the coming weeks, but for now, here’s the pictures of me showing it off at our guild show ‘n tell after our meeting this morning.
I also finished the top for the magazine pattern, and did some marking for the quilting. The good news is, it’s not that big a quilt so it shouldn’t take long to quilt! I am planning on doing some fairly fancy stuff to it, though, so it’ll probably take me just as long as I would spend on a “regular” quilt. Ha!
- Used this week: 4.75 yards
- 4.75 for pieced Belinda quilt
- Used Year to Date: 32.75 yards
- Added this week: 0 yard
- Net Used YTD: -6.5 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 4 yards (12% of total used)
You can see more stash reports at Patchwork Times!