Sunday Stash – Whew

It was, by all accounts, a productive weekend.  I put the finishing touches on my first magazine project (seen to the right after Nina “helpered” with the quilting by making a fort), and started setting up photography for the finished project.  That involves staging and lighting and all manner of things I’m not as good at as quilting, but has to be done.  I’m waiting to see if the natural light tomorrow is better than today. If not, I’ll go with one of the shots I took today.

I also powered through my entry for the Bad Ass Quilters Society graffiti challenge. It’s not great, but it is, as we said senior year of college, “D for Done!”. Actually we said “C for Commencement” quite a bit more because we did have some standards, but at this particular point in my project list, I’m happy with “D for Done”.  The entries for that open up online in early March, so there’ll be post about it next week.

Those two finishes weren’t enough to offset the fabric purchase for my SECOND magazine publication (woohoo!) but hey, I’ll take it! This week as I piece that magazine pattern, I’ll be leader-and-ender-ing a charity quilt so I can knock out another finish for the donation pile, too.

  • Used this week: 2.75 yards
    • 1.75 yd for magazine pattern
    • 1 yd for BAQS challenge piece
  • Used Year to Date: 35.5 yards
  • Added this week: 5.75 yard
    • 5.75 yd for magazine pattern
  • Net Used YTD: -9.5 yards
  • YTD Used for Charity: 4 yards (12% of total used)

You can see more stash reports at Patchwork Times!

One Reply to “Sunday Stash – Whew”

Comments are closed.