This week I had the pleasure of teaching another bag-making class at Red Hen Fabrics; 7 women learned how to make the Aeroplane Bag from Sew Sweetness, and 4 of them are finished and the other 3 are close to being done. While I was there I picked up 3 yards of fabric to make a sample for the next class – the Tudor Bag. It’s a little simpler to construct (no curves), so I’m hoping we get a healthy number of signups for that in October.
My kids were spending some time with their grandparents today, so I had some free hours to work on other projects; because I was so productive earlier this week with the Twilter quilt and another donation quilt, I spent some time making…. clothes. Yeesh. I made two tunic tops and a knit skirt for me, and a cotton skirt for my daughter. I the remaining fabric from my daughter’s skirt up into bits for a donation quilt in addition to part of a pillowcase, too. All said clothing items are in the washing currently, so no pics yet.
I need to piece the back for this quilt and hopefully get it finished before Thursday evening so I can turn it in for the Community Service round-up at guild that night. Fingers crossed!
- Used this week: 9.5 yard
- 1 yd for pillowcase
- 2.75 yd for strip donation quilt
- 1 yd for daughter’s skirt
- 4.75 yd for Twilter Bird in the Air quilt
- Used Year to Date: 233 yards
- Added this Week: 3 yard
- 3 yd for Tudor Bag sample
- Net Used YTD: 126.25 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 77.75 yards (33% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!