Sunday Stash – Fruitful

Lots of progress this week, although it may not be reflected in the numbers below. It was a tough week at work again, and also the last week of school, but I made both of those work for me by channeling productivity in the sewing room to distract myself.

For small projects, I wrapped up some of the outstanding items for the East Cobb Quilters’ Guild Boutique for the upcoming quilt show (only 10 days to go!) and used some binding stash for that. I also whipped up a couple of Diva Wallets – one for me and one for Lynn to replace the one that was stolen a few weeks ago.

 

The floral coasters on the finish list were small gifts for the “remembrance walk” that the 5th graders do on the last day of school; mostly because the school suggests flowers be given to all the teachers the kids had while at the school, but I am bad at gardening.

My FQ baskets were my latest attempt to wrangle my fabric stash in my messy sewing room; the pattern came from a Bernina tutorial.  Of course Jett needed to try them out.

I’m really looking forward to finishing up some quilts this week; I’ve got three basted and ready to quilt, and two more in the pile-up after that.  One of those is quite large, however, and needs some longarm time work on it. The other one uses some of that gorgeous Paloma fabric from Ink & Arrow I mentioned in the WIP Wednesday post!

  • Used this week:  5 yards
    • 0.75 yd for binding for Boutique items
    • 1 yd for Diva wallets
    • 3 yd for FQ baskets
    • 0.25 yd for floral coasters
  • Used Year to Date: 93 yards
  • Added this week: 0 yard
    • 0 yd for borders
  • Net Used YTD: 20 yards
  • YTD Used for Charity: 17.75 yards (19% of total used)

You can see more stash reports at Patchwork Times!

Sunday Stash – Whew

It was, by all accounts, a productive weekend.  I put the finishing touches on my first magazine project (seen to the right after Nina “helpered” with the quilting by making a fort), and started setting up photography for the finished project.  That involves staging and lighting and all manner of things I’m not as good at as quilting, but has to be done.  I’m waiting to see if the natural light tomorrow is better than today. If not, I’ll go with one of the shots I took today.

I also powered through my entry for the Bad Ass Quilters Society graffiti challenge. It’s not great, but it is, as we said senior year of college, “D for Done!”. Actually we said “C for Commencement” quite a bit more because we did have some standards, but at this particular point in my project list, I’m happy with “D for Done”.  The entries for that open up online in early March, so there’ll be post about it next week.

Those two finishes weren’t enough to offset the fabric purchase for my SECOND magazine publication (woohoo!) but hey, I’ll take it! This week as I piece that magazine pattern, I’ll be leader-and-ender-ing a charity quilt so I can knock out another finish for the donation pile, too.

  • Used this week: 2.75 yards
    • 1.75 yd for magazine pattern
    • 1 yd for BAQS challenge piece
  • Used Year to Date: 35.5 yards
  • Added this week: 5.75 yard
    • 5.75 yd for magazine pattern
  • Net Used YTD: -9.5 yards
  • YTD Used for Charity: 4 yards (12% of total used)

You can see more stash reports at Patchwork Times!

Sunday Stash – Reckoning

Well, this week was the Great Reckoning, both for sportsball and for the stash report. The former is unresolved as of this writing, and the latter can be addressed thusly:

It was a good sale, and I splurged a bit on more than fabric. I got kits to make some pop-up buckets to take on retreats or sew-ins, thread, and some other goodies.  Also, thanks to the Sportsball Sew-In, I made lots of progress on projects, including the two latest Saturday Sampler blocks and 4 (very fiddly) ribbons for our upcoming guild quilt show, shown on the left.

I also got a top and back made for a new version of the Belinda quilt, which includes pieced hexagons; I’ll be blogging about that more over at The Stitch TV Show site in the coming weeks.

  • Used this week: 9.25 yards
  • Used Year to Date: 18.75 yards
  • Added this week: 1.5 yard
    • 35 yd for various Super Bolt sale fabrics (mostly backings)
  • Net Used YTD: -11.25 yards
  • YTD Used for Charity: 4 yards (14% of total used)

You can see more stash reports at Patchwork Times!