Scrapitude – Finished!

Scrapitude - Finished!Well, despite the missing sashing, my version of Scrapitude is done! The final destination for this quilt isn’t quite known yet, but it will get there via an auction on April 12th to benefit Quota International of Massillon OH. It’s a group that my Aunt Darrelyn volunteered for, to benefit underprivileged women and children, particularly children in need of hearing aids.

Their colors are blue and white, so I stuck to cool tones and a mix of blues, greens, and aquas.

Scrapitude - Finished!Since I forwent the sashing as I simply didn’t cut it in step 1, I had extra cornerstone “bits” left over that I pieced into cornerstones for the sashing.  I used a scrappy binding in some of the same fabrics as the blocks for extra scrapitude.

If you’d like to make your own version of this quilt designed by Charlotte, you can find all the steps on Sandy’s blog.

About Pam the Head Rhombus

I like quilts, cats, math, and science fiction. Not always in that order.
This entry was posted in Finished Projects and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Scrapitude – Finished!

1. Valerie says:

Wow! Very jewel-like and beautiful. Nice work!

2. Wow, this is lovely Pam – I love the blend of blues and greens.

3. Jaye says:

It looks great without the sashing. The cool colors are great as well. I do like the secondary design.

4. Amy Laura says:

It is beautiful! I hope it brings in some good money as it sounds like a great cause.

5. Fabulous! Looks great with no sashing, and the squinty eyed secondary pattern is neato.

6. Laura says:

This quilt looks great with or without sashing!

7. Holly u says:

What a beautiful quilt! Looks great, sashing or no sashing.

8. Gee says:

Beautiful! Darrelyn would love it!

9. I love these ocean colours.. Very soothing. I like this without the sashing strips. I had to chuckle when you talked about forgetting to cut the sashing strips. I had cut mine in that first step but had then forgotten all about them.

10. lovely. Its still on my to do list. I even cut some of the fabric for it when sorting my stash… so I have started :)

11. Kati R. says:

It looks gorgeous! Yours is the first finished one I see so now I’ll have to search and see what’s it supposed to look like :))

12. This turned out great. I think I might even like it better with no sashing. I love the colors you chose. What a beautiful tribute to your aunt’s memory.

13. Cathy R says:

Love the colors and I also like it without the sashing – stunning. I am finding myself with fabric, desire to quilt, but not needing that many quilts for myself and family. Do you find a certain size quilt sells better for auctions? I work for a school that has an auction every year and don’t know what size I should make quilts.. I enjoy your podcast so much – look forward to it every week. Thank you!

14. Tami knox says:

It looks great without the Sashing. Tami

15. BetsyE says:

I love it without the sashing!! Nice job!

Leave a Comment! I often respond to comments in the next recorded podcast, but if you want a reply here, just let me know!