It’s a mixed bag for WIP Wednesday; some finishes and some in-progress shots!
First up, a quilt that I finished a few weeks ago, which will be donated through my guild to the Dept of Family Child Services.
This one is made from the leftover bits of Sparkling Gems, the quilt that keeps on giving. The quilt I made from previous leftover bits of that quilt was called Morse Code. Sadly, all the bits are now used up, except for one lone weirdly sized pinwheel that I went Full Elsa on and let it go into the scrap bin for stuffing into animal beds!
I’ve also been brushing up my free motion quilting with this fun texture in prep for an upcoming blog hop with Christa Watson that starts tomorrow. The full results will get posted over on The Stitch TV Show blog, but here’s the sneak peek for you:
You know how everything seems to happen at once? All the time? I suppose that’s just called life. Right now my son and husband are concurrently sick with a cold, although my son is handling it better. I am on day 3 or 5 of a migraine, depending on how you look at it and whether you count the day it took off on Tuesday. But on the other hand, my daughter totally put her own hair up in a ponytail by herself this morning and that feels like something. Yes, she’s 11, but she has my crazy curly thick hair and has never yet fiddled with it on her own, so hooray!
I’ve been stalled a bit on sewing this week due to aforementioned headache and also taking care of Stitch business rather than sewing, so here is my in-progress neglected sewing machine with the two donation quilts I’m leadering-and-endering. Not pictured: cats who randomly sit on it and squash down the piles.
My focus the next couple of weeks has been on some new quilt design without actually stitching them, so my actual stitching has been focused on wrapping up some charitable quilts. As I sit typing, under my needle are two donation quilts that I am leader- and ender-ing to assemble as tops. I’ve got another quilt under the quilting needle for donation, and fourth top ready to be sandwiched. And just to keep the trend going, I made two pillowcases to donate. Once all of these quilts are done, I’ll probably do one big blog post with pics of all of them.
It’s a lot of sewing, but a nice spell of mindless stitching after doing quilt math for several days! My particular problem today has been dealing with a headache and some related symptoms, and hoping it goes away overnight.
- Used this past week: 6.75 yard
- 2 yd for 2 pillowcases
- 4.75 yd for Sparkling Pinwheels
- Total Used Year to Date: 194.5 yards
- Added this week
- YTD Used for Charity: 45.75 yards (24% of total used)
It was the final week of summer break for my kids (I know, it feels early to us, too), but I managed to chip away at quilting the full-sized Meow or Never quilt I showed in last week’s Sunday Stash report. Despite another busy weekend, I managed to get the binding on it tonight!
Next up I have to sandwich and quilt two more quilts to be donated for our guild’s Community Services efforts, and piece a third top. It’s been laid out and is ready for piecing, so those should go fairly quickly since they aren’t behemoths like the one I just finished!
After all the donation quilts, I’m due to make another sample of Belinda, so hopefully I can get those all knocked out in the next couple of weeks!
- Used this past week: 13 yard
- 13 yd for Meow or Never quilt
- Total Used Year to Date: 187.75 yards
- Added this week
- YTD Used for Charity: 39 yards (21% of total used)
This week was more prep work to finish things than actually finishing things. What I did finish was so small that it’s barely a blip in the spreadsheet.
I made this travel accessory assortment for the raffle at the annual Good Mews Animal Foundation “Pins for Purrs” bowling fundraiser. It has an Open Wide pouch from Noodlehead, a Kismet Trinket Box from Sew Sweetness, a tissue holder with extra pouch for hand sanitizer, and a privacy luggage tag.
While I did a lot more sewing, the big thing was finally basting this full size quilt on my kitchen floor. I basted 80% of it, and then had to skootch it over to baste the rest since it was too wide for the space available. Since I’ve finished most of the immediate piecing work to be done on other projects, this is next up under the needle this week.
- Used this past week: 1 yard
- 0.5 yd for Good Mews donation
- 0.5 yd for placemat
- Total Used Year to Date: 174.75 yards
- Added this week
- YTD Used for Charity: 26 yards (15% of total used)