This is why I try not to have so many WIPs going – I feel like I can’t concentrate on anything. So instead I’ve been working on more placemats to donate.
This batch uses some fun FQs (top left), rogue blocks from one of the first challenge quilts I did for the AMQG (top right), more strings (bottom right), and buffalo bits from my Salty Eyed quilt (bottom left).
I’ve got a couple other rogue blocks to use up. That is, if I don’t get aggravated with the whole process and chuck them in the scrap bag to stuff into a pet bed. I’ve made 15 placemats, so I think I’m good on those!
Here’s a cat sleeping on a frog.
I’ve also been contemplating what to do with my Dresden plate pieces from my workshop with Edyta Sitar. We cut out pieces to make 8 Dresdens, but I’ve got one completely pieced into a circle, and 5 more in quarters. Another set is pieced into “twosies”, so it’s just a matter of figuring out how I want to lay them out into a wallhanging.
To be honest, it’s sort of low on the priority list, but I should probably add it to my Finish Along goals for Q3.