I feel like I’ve gotten quite a bit done, but haven’t finished anything this week. Ah well, I guess even Superman took some time out to be mortal, too. After he made 240 flying geese.
We had our day retreat for the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild this weekend, and while I lost an hour looking for my sewing machine power cord (which appeared on the floor under my sewing machine ultimately) and taking care of lunches and dinners and the like, I did manage to get 200 of the units done for the Silver Star quilt. Since I sewed an extra seam on each corner triangle, I ended up with 400 bonus triangles, too. I’ve got 52 more units to make, and then I’ll piece those into blocks like the layout here, and use the bonus triangles for a border in the quilt.
I also started on the cornerstones for the Tiny Stitches Royal Garden Saturday Sampler quilt, also making bonus triangles from the square in a square blocks since I want to try to upsize the quilt from queen to king. We’ll see if I’m able to make that work with the fabric I have! I also got all the sashing and one of the borders cut from the same finishing kit.
- Used this Week: .75 yards
- 0.75 yd for 3 FQs lost in the LCR dice game. Oh well, hope springs eternal!
- Used year to Date: 260.25 yards
- Added this Week: 9 yards
- 9 yd for secret project to be revealed in November.
- Net Used for 2013: 126.5 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 113.75 yards (44% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!