A little more substance this week as I try to figure out what my deal has been for last month; partly new job, partly winter blahs, and whole lot of feelings. And wine. Also: Elephants!
- The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/3 head of iceburg lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 12oz can cooked chicken
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 package chicken flavored Ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce (I forgot this in the podcast, but throw it in the sauce)
- 1-2 tablespoons rice wine
In small saucepan, heat vegetable oil, rice wine, soy sauce and flavor packet from Ramen noodles over medium heat until boiling. Set aside to cool.
Mix together everything else. When the dressing is cool, toss with salad.
Best served on the first day, but may last 1-2 more days in the fridge. Makes about a frajillion servings (at least 6 servings).