Tra la la! Told you I’d bust some big milestones this week! Between the 9 placemats I’ve made this week (to be donated to Meals on Wheels), Rainbow Baby, and organizing my leaders and enders better, I’ve busted 200 total yards used and 100 net yard used.
As I was cutting my scraps from my leftover fabric from various projects, it became clear that my leaders and enders (2″ squares I use to always keep fabric on my machine - Bonnie Hunter explains it better here) were getting out of control. One day I do want to make a postage stamp quilt with them, although they do make their way into various projects anyway, like the Rainbow Baby quilt. So I decided to sort them by color.
Which means I had to make more baskets for them! I used this tutorial from Sometimes Crafter to make my bins. I went with Neutral, Black, Brown, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, and Red. Here’s the pile of L&Es waiting to be sorted.
Then I figured out I needed an aqua one too, so I made that one and finished sorting, and now it looks like this:
I took the blue bin with me yesterday to my workshop with Edyta Sitar and managed to piece 2 16-patch blocks while making my Dresden Plate blocks.
- Used this Week: 12.5 yards
- 4.5 yd for nine charity placemats (whoops! originally had two as the number!)
- 5 yd for Rainbow Baby quilt
- 3 yd for Leader & Ender baskets
- Used year to Date: 208 yards (yippee!)
- Added this Week: 2 yards
- 2 yd for kit for Edyta Sitar Dresden Star workshop
- Net Used for 2013: 108 yards (wahoo!)
- YTD Used for Charity: 92 yards (44% of total used)
For the curious (aka nerds like me), here’s how this year compares to last year in terms of net yard used - the blue line is this year, the red line is last year.
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!