I finished two quilts for Project Linus, review some thread and fabric from Connecting Threads, and talk about making a cutting mat holder/carrier for classes I attend.
- Connecting Threads has a good variety of fabric, but is better for stashing building than matching an existing project (their reds seem more tomatoey than I would like). I do like their Essential Cotton Quilting thread, though (I got the floral set).
- Here’s block 9 of the Layer Cake Quilt Along in Moda Origins.
- Pictures of the cutting mat carrier (click through to Flickr to see notes I’ve added, but don’t embiggen it and ogle the horrible machine binding job - yellow thread on brown binding is not forgiving!)
- Inside of the mat carrier:
- Outside of the carrier with the bag Karin made me: