This week I finished sewing the #DroidQuiltAlong blocks! I have the sashing put together, and will assemble the blocks into the top over the next few days so I can go quilt it this weekend. Terribly exciting. I also posted the fabric requirements if you want to play along.
I also trimmed up my Star Wars fat quarters to piece the back together. What I originally planned may drive me nuts since it would involve the prints being turned 90 degrees, thus sideways, but that’s an easy enough fix.
The little 16 patch blocks are for another planned pattern I’ve been putting together as leaders and enders. I’ve got one more to make and they’ll be ready to write up as a pattern too.
And on top of the sewing, it’s Competitive Pumpkin season at school again! This year my daughter requested a Doge pumpkin. I shot that down.
Then she requested a Pusheen pumpkin, which is imminently more doable. No lights this year, but I appreciated the simplicity of gray paint and black magic marker.
See more WIPs at Lee’s blog!
Alas, not usage to report this week. I did work on a lot of things, but stopping to write up and photograph things to write a pattern / quilt-along will slow you down! Even when you have a droid to help.
The good news is I should have the top put together tomorrow and we’ll get the fabric usage posted over on The Stitch so everyone is ready for the kick off next Monday! And I’ll get it quilted this weekend. Huzzah!
- Used this Week: 0 yards
- Sad trombone!
- Used year to Date: 213.75 yards
- Added this Week: 5.5 yards
- 1 yd for Droid Quilt Along
- 4.5 yd for Solid as a Rock finishing kit
- Net Used for 2015: 106 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 121 yards (56% of total used)
See more Stash Reports at Patchwork Times!
This week I catch you all up on some personal stuff going, learning EQ7, and a new project I can finally announce: The #DroidQuiltAlong we’re starting over at TheStitchTVShow.com. Done in December, and perfect for holiday gift giving, or for snuggling up at the movie premier in December!