Over the weekend I got a chance to use my friend Lynn’s long arm machine to quilt one of the two quilts I’ve made for the Wellspring recovery house. As a refresher. the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild is trying to gather 29 twin size quilts within a range of colors to donate to the residence house for Wellspring Living, which is where the girls rescued from human trafficking go to recover and work towards rejoining mainstream society. The quilts will stay at the house and not go with the girls, but we have other efforts to make quilts for the girls to take with them.I got a chance to finish up the binding before work this morning, and into the washer and dryer it went!
The pattern is Basket Case from Cluck Cluck Sew. To make it twin size I added an extra row to the length and upped the border a couple inches. The blocks are made from jelly rolls, and finish 10″ each. I made it so blues all went horizontal and greens and aquas went vertical. Not as prominent an effect as I’d hoped, but I’m happy with it regardless.
I ended up with a couple extra blocks I set into the back, which works great since two widths of cotton fabric are a little short for a 90″ length to fit a bed.
I’m working on finishing a winter table runner for my MIL for Mother’s Day (which I meant to give her last Christmas, and then a couple weeks ago for her birthday - whoops), and can hopefully finish that up this weekend.