A fun two parter this week with feedback, Plumed Pimpernels, pincushions, and feeling ways about things. Enjoy your long weekend - there will be no episode next week as I’ll be on vacation at the beach!
Detail of the pebbling around the applique shape and feathers:
Such a relief to have this labor intensive piece finished! I’ll talk a little more about it on the podcast tomorrow, but for now, it’s hanging in my dining room!
Now, there are several reviews for this pattern, which is… not exactly poorly written, but it’s just not terribly friendly what with the curved seams and non-symmetrical pattern pieces. There are several reviews of the pattern out there on the blogosphere, which are helpful if you’re going to attempt this yourself. Anyway, here Chris’ pincushion, such as it is.
- Used this Week: 9 yards
- 5 yards for the Timeless Stitch Star quilt
- 4 yards for Puppy Love
- Used year to Date: 195 yard
- Added this Week: 2.75 yards
- Purchased a layer cake of Lucy’s Crab Shack
- Added Year to Date: 122 yards
- Net Used for 2012: 73 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 68 yards (35% of total used)
I talk about what’s driving me batty in my life and sewing this week. It’s the end of the school year, and I reaffirm that I hate making projects just for contests. Zapper says “hi!” a lot.
- Please vote for Good Mews (Zoom and Zapper’s cat shelter) to win a makeover! Just scroll down and make two clicks by May 22. Helper Cats thank you!
- Enter the Blogger’s Quilt Festival
- Totally forgot to mention this on the podcast, but if you’re quilting or sewing this weekend and not at Market, chat on twitter with the hashtag #NMSI for Not Market Sew In.
I made this quilt as a gift for my husband’s first-cousin-once-removed’s wedding. The bride is genuinely one of the sweetest girls I’ve ever met, the sort of person who is always smiling and nice and (more importantly to me) is never fake about it. She and her new husband are young and starting off from scratch, and her father (my husband’s cousin) died several years ago from a heart attack while driving. She’s handled this with grace, as she does everything, and deserved something special on her wedding day.
Can you guess what her favorite color is?
I talk about dipping thread, applique the Sharon Schamber way, and the commission baby quilt. My kids are so generous with the Mother’s Day presents that they gave me a cold.
It was Saturday Sampler pick-up weekend at Tiny Stitches, so I got the next block for Grandma’s Garden and Memories of Provence: