This week was pretty epic in terms of “getting back to normal”, which is to say I resolved some of the quilt top pile-up that I had going. Two of the three quilts I finished are donation quilts, AND I even took pictures of them which I will post this week.
The third finish is my Allietare Mystery Quilt from Bonnie Hunter. I took the plunge and just quilted it on my home machine, having tried a few tips from Sue Nickels who does all her quilts regardless of size on her home machine. Not sure the tips did much since I pretty much devolved back into a lot of tugging and sweating by the time it was all done, but there you are.
I did buy some fat quarters this week in advance of a class I’m taking on Friday at the Atlanta Sewing & Quilt Expo with Cristy FIncher. More on that project later!
I did also pick up the latest Saturday Sampler blocks:
- Used this Week: 20 yard
- 4.75 yd for Gyleen Fitzgerald mystery quilt
- 3 yd for Lorax baby quilt
- 12.25 yd for Dirty Chicken mystery quilt
- Used Year to Date: 83.75 yards
- Added this Week: 2.25 yard
- 2.25 yd for 9 FQs
- Net Used YTD: 34 yards
- YTD Used for Charity: 37 yards (44% of total used)
See more stash reports at Patchwork Times!